- It’s important to take control of data, be able to export it, transfer it easily from one system to another, etc., so that you have full access/control over your information & subscribers at all times.
- The caveat for some SaaS platforms is that publishers do not have control over the dashboard, data export, or subscriber creation.
- Open-source software grants complete control over data and flexibility with updates, plugins, and publisher-specific needs.
- The content management systems should be considered carefully when selecting a platform for publishers, with WordPress usually being the popular choice.
- Publishers can leverage WordPress’s extensive community of developers for increased functionality.