Your most important direct marketing tool
In less than three minutes, get the rundown on why your email newsletter is so important to your paid subscriptions and get a guided tour of a highly successful email newsletter.
Prefer to skim? See the highlights below.
- Once you have a reader’s email address, via a free registration level, use your newsletter to convince them to upgrade.
- Email is your #1 direct marketing tool because it sends readers back to your site over and over again. Registered readers use up their free content and have a higher chance of subscribing.
- For magazine publishers: use archive articles to create a second weekly email – nobody reads every article, every time, so the content will still be fresh.
- Always promote your paid subscriptions in your newsletter:
- Use email tagging systems to automatically target free readers with a message to upgrade their paid subscription.
- Use a button! Buttons encourage more clicks than plain links.
- Also note the sponsor mentions below.
Have any questions about using your email to promote paid subscriptions? Let’s talk!