A Veritable Feast of New Tips & Tools
We’re back and better than ever with new features and functions to optimize your publication and reader experience before the holidays.
Improve your website security, control your reader’s advertisement exposure, secure a quick win with stronger subscription cards, turn password-sharing into revenue, and more.
Ready? Let’s go.
Troubleshooting Fraud & Card Testing
Unfortunately, fraudulent card testing is on a worldwide upswing. Every e-commerce website experiences it: Fraudsters test stolen credit card information by attempting to make low-price-point purchases.
Fortunately, Leaky Paywall has options for combatting this activity on your site. Between recent updates to our reCAPTCHA extension and a number of options in our Stripe extension, you can minimize fraudulent activity on your site.
Hide Ads in Specific Articles
You now have the option to turn ads on or off for individual articles in the Ad Dropper extension. This joins the ability to control ad displays by subscriber level or content category, giving you even more control over your reader experience.
19 Subscription Cards & Nag Prompts to Inspire Conversions
Your subscription cards and nags can be a powerful weapon in your conversion arsenal. Too many publishers leave them set to default rather than customizing them for maximum impact on the reader. It’s a relatively simple process that can have a big impact.
More Recent Tips:
Add a Custom Field to the Update Subscriber Form
Add relevant information to your database of existing subscribers with this new function in the Leaky Paywall dashboard. (And learn how to export the new information to the Reporting Tool, too.) Learn more.
Hide a Category Archive Page
Want to protect your premium, archived content from non-subscribers? Now you can control access to category archives by subscription status. See how.
- Always show upgrade message on subscription nag in individual content
- Add ‘leaky_paywall_after_stripe_checkout_completed action
- Set default level price to 0
- Update check for renewal reminder processing
- New layout in Settings for Sections and Subscriptions
- Setting for automatic tax in Stripe Checkout
- Settings and check for signing secret in Stripe webhook processing
- Gift Subscriptions: option added for Authorize.net
- Trials (Free or Paid): trial delay enabled
- Corporate Subscriptions: registration now requires only an email address & sends custom welcome email
Recent Success Stories
More tips and updates are always available on our site.
Until next time, be safe and be well!
Pete Ericson & Jeremy Green
Built with Newsletter Glue.